MSSQL from Perl
Author Message
 MSSQL from Perl

Hello.

I want to download some data from an MSSQL 7.0 Server on an NT machine.
The best for this (maybe someone knows a better & simpler way?) is to
use perl with modules. I have installed DBIx-MSSQLReporter by Ron
Savage. It said I didn't have ODBC drivers. So i found DBD-ODBC
package by Tim Bunce in CPAN archive. Now I would like to install it,
but they say to:
"  set-up these environment variables:
    DBI_DSN   The dbi data source, e.g. 'dbi:ODBC:YOUR_DSN_HERE'
    DBI_USER  The username to use to connect to the database
    DBI_PASS  The username to use to connect to the database
    ODBCHOME  (Unix only) The dir your driver manager is installed in"

DBI_DSN - What the heck do I write there ??? USER & PASS in
compilation-time ??? Why ?
ODBCHOME - I installed libiodbc shipped together with that package. Do
I set ODBCHOME to '/usr/lib/' where libiodbc.a went to ?

In general: do I chose the right way to achive the goal ?

Bartek M.

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with fetching data from mssql through perl/odbc

2. MSSQL to PERL

3. Problem with fetching data from mssql through perl/odbc

4. Connecting to mssql from perl

5. MSSQL from perl (on Linux)

6. mssql to perl question

7. Problem with fetching data from mssql through perl/odbc

8. ANNOUNCE: MSSQL::DBlib and MSSQL::Sqllib

9. Closing a mssql databse using mssql::sqllib

10. MSSQL::DBlib and MSSQL::Sqllib 1.008

11. ANNOUNCE: MSSQL::DBlib and MSSQL::Sqllib 1.005

12. Perl/ MSSQL integration