HTTP Module
Author Message
 HTTP Module

Trying to write a script that connects to a remote web site with
authentication and then run a cgi script which starts a download of text
file to the client.  I'm able to connect to the remote site but when I
pass along what I think is correct for the method POST to initiate the
download, the reponse is  "302 Temporary Move"

Any ideas how to make this happen?

--
David Christensen
Senior Systems Engineer

Dynamic Systems, Inc.
120 West Bellevue Drive Suite 10
Pasadena, CA  91105
(626)795-4101 x200
(626)683-2768 Fax

  davidc.vcf
< 1K Download

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP Module
On Thu, 06 Jan 2000 00:39:59 GMT,

> --------------91FC345A6ED42E802DDCF1F7

> VHJ5aW5nIHRvIHdyaXRlIGEgc2NyaXB0IHRoYXQgY29ubmVjdHMgdG8gYSByZW1vdGUgd2Vi

Sorry? i don't read this sort of stuff, and my newsreader couldn't make
sense of it either (and it's normally quite good at this, together with
metamail). Could you please Post in English, or if you prefer in any
other human language.

Quote:

And this is really bad.  Usenet is no place for vcards. It's a plain
text medium. no MIME-multipart-binary-encoded-vcard stuff needed or
wanted.

Thank you for reconfiguring your software before posting again.

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen              |
Interactive Media Division      | Unix is user friendly. It's just

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP Module
Sorry for my previous post, forgot to send plain text.

Trying to write a script that connects to a remote web site with
authentication and then run a cgi script on that remote server which
starts a download of text file to the client.  I'm able to connect to
the remote site but when I pass along what I think is correct for the
method POST to initiate the download, the reponse is
"HTTP::Response=HASH(0x13bc74)" and the status: "302 Moved Temporarily"

Any ideas how to make this happen?

--
David Christensen
Senior Systems Engineer

Dynamic Systems, Inc.
120 West Bellevue Drive Suite 10
Pasadena, CA  91105
(626)795-4101 x200
(626)683-2768 Fax

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP Module
On Thu, 06 Jan 2000 20:00:33 GMT,

Quote:
> Sorry for my previous post, forgot to send plain text.

> Trying to write a script that connects to a remote web site with
> authentication and then run a cgi script on that remote server which
> starts a download of text file to the client.  I'm able to connect to
> the remote site but when I pass along what I think is correct for the
> method POST to initiate the download, the reponse is
> "HTTP::Response=HASH(0x13bc74)" and the status: "302 Moved Temporarily"

That is the stringified version of the HTTP::Response object that
comes back. You'll need to do something with it to get at what it
contains

# perldoc HTTP::Response

That object probably contains a redirection header, and if you use an
LWP::UserAgent object, you'll have to tell it that it's ok to follow
redirections.

# perldoc LWP::UserAgent
redirect_ok method

For more examples and stuff:
# perldoc LWP
# perldoc lwpcook

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen              |
Interactive Media Division      | Begin at the beginning and go on till

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. HTTP Module

2. Need Help using HTTP Modules

3. Which HTTP module for extracting tags?

4. Is there a Net::HTTP module?

5. NT Perl HTTP Module needed

6. Looking for http module

7. gopher with LWP and HTTP modules

8. HTTP Module

9. HTTP Module request

10. HTTP Module

11. LWP and HTTP modules not returning Web server status code.

12. Where is Complete Documentation of LWP and HTTP modules to be found?