input echoes as asterisk?
Author Message
 input echoes as asterisk?

hi, i'm looking for a way to input a password into a simple perl app the
same way as vb does, echoing asterisks. any ideas?
thanks _hans

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 input echoes as asterisk?

Re: input echoes as asterisk?, Hans

Hans> hi, i'm looking for a way to input a password into a
Hans> simple perl app the same way as vb does, echoing
Hans> asterisks. any ideas?

Curses is one way to do it.

hth
--
Tony Curtis, Systems Manager, VCPC,      | Tel +43 1 310 93 96 - 12; Fax - 13
Liechtensteinstrasse 22, A-1090 Wien, AT | http://www.vcpc.univie.ac.at/

"Everything I am, I learned on the back of cereal boxes" ~ RJ, "Over the Hedge"

Wed, 20 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Replacing users password input with asterisks

2. Stop echo of input from socket

3. Not echoing passwords inputted on screen...

4. preventing echo during user input

5. Inputting Passwords without echoing them to the screen - Win32 Perl

6. Reading input without echoing in Win32

7. non-echoed input

8. Reading input without screen echo

9. Keyboard input without echo

10. Asterisk Operator on File Handles in Randal's chat.pl

11. replace everything from the 6th character on with asterisks

12. asterisk in subroutine parameter list