Installation of Perl modules in different directory
Author Message
 Installation of Perl modules in different directory

I am faced with the following tricky situation:

I have to install perl on a different machine than I compile it on.
Now, I can do this for Perl itself (using config.over) BUT when I try and
do this for modules, I have trouble.  I would like to install the modules
in this local copy of Perl, but a lot of the path names seem to be hardwired
to the ultimate location of Perl (which is where it isn't yet)

Now it seems to me that this should be a Solved Problem, but I haven't come
across a solution yet.

Any ideas?

Ta

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Installation of Perl modules in different directory

Quote:

>I have to install perl on a different machine than I compile it on.
>Now, I can do this for Perl itself (using config.over) BUT when I try and
>do this for modules, I have trouble.  I would like to install the modules
>in this local copy of Perl, but a lot of the path names seem to be hardwired
>to the ultimate location of Perl (which is where it isn't yet)

>Now it seems to me that this should be a Solved Problem, but I haven't come
>across a solution yet.

You must have missed this bit when you read perlfaq8:

     How do I keep my own module/library directory?

     When you build modules, use the PREFIX option when
     generating Makefiles:

         perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/u/mydir/perl
          [snip]

Mike Guy

Wed, 20 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Module installation in non-standard perl library directories

2. Changing installation directory for perl modules is painful

3. Install modules in different directory..

4. Installation of modules in local directory with nsmail

5. how to customize installation directory for modules?

6. Module installation in home directory

7. How can I break up directories into different directory components

8. installing perl in a different directory, @INC

9. executing perl in different directories

10. local installation, was Re: Module installation and usage without root access - Summary

11. Perl installation failure - cannot use chmod on directory

12. Copy *.o to a different directory