Oracle8i Connection using PERL DBI and DBD modules on HP Unix
Author Message
 Oracle8i Connection using PERL DBI and DBD modules on HP Unix

Hi,

We have installed perl5.6 on HP-UX 11. We are trying to install the DBI
and DBD modules for the Oracle8i database connection. We have used
DBI1.13 and DBD1.03 modules. DBI compiles and runs thru the test
successfully. Having problems with DBD module. It does'nt pass "make
test". We get oracle errors.

Do we need to install any other drivers?

Surya

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Oracle8i Connection using PERL DBI and DBD modules on HP Unix

Quote:

>Hi,

>We have installed perl5.6 on HP-UX 11. We are trying to install the DBI
>and DBD modules for the Oracle8i database connection. We have used
>DBI1.13 and DBD1.03 modules. DBI compiles and runs thru the test
>successfully. Having problems with DBD module. It does'nt pass "make
>test". We get oracle errors.

>Do we need to install any other drivers?

I'm not sure what errors you're seeing but
take a look at:

    http://www.stonedoor.com/HPUX.html

    "How to get PERL:DBI 1.13 and DBD::Oracle
     1.03 to work under HP-UX 11.0" helpful:

--
Charles DeRykus

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBI ORACLE8i using ODBC with WinNT Service Pack6

2. DBI DBD modules for HP-UX 10.20

3. Using perl's modules DBD:Mysql and DBI and mysql

4. Using perl's modules DBD:Mysql and DBI and mysql

5. Connection problem using Perl DBI and IIS4

6. DBI and DBD connection problem

7. DBI/DBD connection works in shell, not httpd

8. DBI+DBD::ODBC+MS Access connection error

9. Connection problem using Perl DBI and IIS4

10. Remote connection with DBI/DBD::Sybase

11. multiple connection problems with DBI DBD::Oracle

12. Oracle DBD/DBI on HP-UX: can't load Oracle.sl