TeX::Hyphen 0.111 with better language support
Author Message
 TeX::Hyphen 0.111 with better language support

Updated version of TeX::Hyphen module is available on

        http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~adelton/perl/TeX-Hyphen-0.111.tar.gz

and should appear on CPAN shortly. The main change is the fact that
code parsing pattern files has now support for various languages and
new support should be easy to add. So if TeX::Hyphen was failing on
your hyphen.tex, you can now easily tailor the code to your need,
without breaking the parsing for others.

To briefly summarize what TeX::Hyphen is about, it can be used to
hyphenate word based on TeX algorithm and TeX pattern files. The code
to use it goes like this:

        use TeX::Hyphen;
        my $hyp = new TeX::Hyphen(file => 'hyphen.tex');
        my $word = "representation";

                $hyp->visualize($word), "\n";
        __END__
        representation is hyphenated at 3 5 8 10, resulting in
        rep-re-sen-ta-tion

The new feature allow you to specify

        my $hyp = new TeX::Hyphen(file => 'dehyphn.tex',
                style => 'german');

for German style (code by Slaven Rezic) and I'll be happy to include
style that would meet the needs of your pattern file and your TeX
user group.

 .project: Perl, mod_perl, DBI, Oracle, auth. WWW servers, XML/XSL, ...
Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 29 May 2004 23:01:37 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Font::TFM, TeX::DVI, TeX::Hyphen, all 0.03

2. ANNOUNCE: TeX::DVI, Hyphen and Font::TFM in version 0.04

3. What good is the hyphen for named parameters?

4. language support

5. International Language Support

6. Scripting language with LFN support?

7. PERL Far Eastern Language Support

8. Codewright Programmer's Editor Supports Perl As Macro Language

9. Does Perl regular expression support other languages?

10. Supporting multiple languages in perl

11. How to support mulitple language?

12. Does Tk support foreign languages like Kanji ?