XS (typemap?)
Author Message
 XS (typemap?)

Hello,

I am trying to write a small set of modules to access some C functions.
No other functionality is required from them.

For this:

int cc_FacilityAck(CRN crn, NFACILITY_ELEM *facility_ptr, unsigned long mode);

I need to have a typemap for CRN and NFACILITY_ELEM.  CRN's no problem, but
NFACILITY_ELEM is a struct.  In order to use it, my brain wants to believe
that I have to create a similiarly shaped struct in perl, to stuff all those
fields into.  But this is of course very possibly incorrect.

I've missed the sentance of truth buried in those pages.  Does anyone have
a good document that will give me some.. ground?  I've found a good few,
none of which address this simple sounding (?!?) typemap issue.

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 XS (typemap?)
Hello,

I am trying to write a small set of modules to access some C functions.
No other functionality is required from them.

For this:

int cc_FacilityAck(CRN crn, NFACILITY_ELEM *facility_ptr, unsigned long mode);

I need to have a typemap for CRN and NFACILITY_ELEM.  CRN's no problem, but
NFACILITY_ELEM is a struct.  In order to use it, my brain wants to believe
that I have to create a similiarly shaped struct in perl, to stuff all those
fields into.  But this is of course very possibly incorrect.

  (correction:  It is incorrect.)

I've missed the sentance of truth buried in those pages.  Does anyone have
a good document that will give me some.. ground?  I've found a good few,
none of which address this simple sounding (?!?) typemap issue.

  (clarification:  I read and reference the manpages about to be suggested.
   I was once under the impression that there was 'a' magical type that
   would allow things to be happy and invoke set on returned values to
   get them out.  I'd love to know where I read that, and where i can read it
   again.)

tia, again,

campbell

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. XS typemap for long long?

2. XS - typemap void ?

3. XS: ExtUtils/typemap T_IN refcount bug?

4. XS and typemap entry for 'int * array[]' from C to Perl?

5. Creating xs layer with specific name of the rersulting XS DLL

6. Creating xs layer with specific name of the rersulting XS DLL

7. Call C function in XS from C function in the same XS file

8. Typemap entry for 'int * array[]' from C to XS?

9. Creating a correct typemap for a struct

10. How to fill typemap

11. How to fill typemap file

12. fd_set typemap