Remote connection with DBI/DBD::Sybase
Author Message
 Remote connection with DBI/DBD::Sybase

Quote:

> If I try to connect to a sybase server on a remote machine using DBD::Sybase
> in a perl script, the script hangs at the DBI->connect.  It resumes execution
> as soon as a query hits the database from some other source (e.g. if I
> type a 'select' statement from the isql prompt, or run another script).

My guess is that this is a linux server, and that you are running a 2.0.36pre7 or
earlier kernel.

Upgrade your kernel to 2.0.36 or to 2.2.x (on the server) and things should
be a lot better.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler         -||-  Data Migrations Inc.

Int. Sybase User Group  -||-   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 08 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBI::DBD::Sybase not trapping Sybase error codes and messages

2. Examples for DBD Sybase connections?

3. Problem selecting a column from a view in Sybase using DBI/DBD

4. (DBI / DBD::Sybase) placeholder binding problems

5. Sybperl vs. DBI (DBD::Sybase)

6. DBI/DBD::Sybase AutoCommit error?

7. DBI/DBD::Sybase problem

8. Perl Sybase DBD/DBI problem.

9. DBI/DBD::Sybase connect problem

10. DBI - DBD:Sybase installation problem

11. Memory problem ( perl, sybase, dbi, dbd )

12. Rookie problem (?) - SEGV using DBI, DBD::Sybase