ExtUtils::MakeMaker runtime error
Author Message
 ExtUtils::MakeMaker runtime error

I am attempting to use ExtUtils::MakeMaker for the packaging of several
modules including xs code for hooking into the mod_perl configuration api.
I have a seperate directory for the xs code as well as a seperate
Makefile.PL.  When attempting to make the whole bundle I receive this error
(paths changed).
----
make[1]: Entering directory `/local/project/modules/Server/xs'
Global symbol "%Config" requires explicit package name at
/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm line 21.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm line 243.
----

If I cd into the /local/project/modules/Server/xs directory and 'make
realclean' then 'perl Makefile.PL' and 'make' it builds with no problems.  I
was wondering if  anyone has seen this problem before.  Please let me know
if there is any further information needed.

Thanks,

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:59:06 GMT
 ExtUtils::MakeMaker runtime error
Nevermind . . . Figured it out, did not have the correct directory path in
my 'lib' directory which corresponded to how the package namespace is setup.

Thanks,

Quote:
> I am attempting to use ExtUtils::MakeMaker for the packaging of several
> modules including xs code for hooking into the mod_perl configuration api.
> I have a seperate directory for the xs code as well as a seperate
> Makefile.PL.  When attempting to make the whole bundle I receive this
error
> (paths changed).
> ----
> make[1]: Entering directory `/local/project/modules/Server/xs'
> Global symbol "%Config" requires explicit package name at
> /local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm line 21.
> BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
> /local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm line 243.
> ----

> If I cd into the /local/project/modules/Server/xs directory and 'make
> realclean' then 'perl Makefile.PL' and 'make' it builds with no problems.
> was wondering if  anyone has seen this problem before.  Please let me know
> if there is any further information needed.

> Thanks,

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:31:39 GMT

1. Makefile syntax error output by ExtUtils::MakeMaker::WriteMakefile

2. Can't locate ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm error

3. SHELL in Makefile from ExtUtils::MakeMaker

4. ExtUtils::MakeMaker leaves funny filename: &1

5. ExtUtils::MakeMaker accesses A: drive on Windows95

6. ExtUtils::MakeMaker loses explicit PREFIX macro

7. ExtUtils::MakeMaker with non-standard installation rules?

8. ExtUtils::MakeMaker -- whither PREREQ_PM?

9. Makefile.PL / ExtUtils::MakeMaker refuses to pick up files in /bin

10. ExtUtils::MakeMaker / @INC

11. ExtUtils::MakeMaker: installing scripts to sbin?

12. Perl 5.8: Can't locate ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm