Need module, but can't remember name (something like Memorize)
Author Message
 Need module, but can't remember name (something like Memorize)

I remember reading about a perl module that would cache the results of all
calls to a particular function, so that you could use a recursive solution
to a problem instead of using dynamic programming.  I need it now but I have
forgotten what is was called.  I believe Memorize was somewhere in the name.

A goodle search and a CPAN search revealed nothing...does anyone know what
this module is actually called?

                     -Mike

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 04:27:27 GMT
 Need module, but can't remember name (something like Memorize)

Quote:

> I remember reading about a perl module that would cache the results of all
> calls to a particular function, so that you could use a recursive solution
> to a problem instead of using dynamic programming.  I need it now but I have
> forgotten what is was called.  I believe Memorize was somewhere in the name.

> A goodle search and a CPAN search revealed nothing...does anyone know what
> this module is actually called?

You want the Memoize-module (mark that there is no 'r').
As a matter of fact, memoization is a sort of dynamic programming since
in both cases return-values are stored in tables (that is, arrays).

Tassilo

--
$a=[(74,116)];$b=[($a->[1]-1,$a->[1]++,0x20)];$c=[(97,110)];$d=[($c->

(chr($_)):print;}}$c=sub{$l=shift;[(0x20+$l-1,0x50,0x65,0x73-0x01,108

ord(chr($h->{$_}))))};

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 04:41:53 GMT

1. 'Use'ing a module whose name is in a scalar

2. new modules, need to check names

3. Suggestions needed for module name

4. Can't remember how to do this

5. Need Help Accessing dynamic variable name from Perl Module

6. Need help with Sybase::DBlib module and setting database name

7. Need tidbit of code to look up user's full name

8. Need Name for Module

9. Need 'C' interface module

10. Won't find long named modules in MS-DOS

11. including .pl file in module, can't resolve names

12. Won't find long named modules in MS-DOS