How to insert BLOB data into DB ?
Author Message
 How to insert BLOB data into DB ?

I'm planning to insert BLOB(image, document) data to Oracle DB.
I set the column type LONG(oracle specific SQL data type).

But It seems that DBI can't insert large data to DB.
I inserted image data of 150kbytes, but actually only garbage data
(and the size is only 1kbyte) was inserted.

Anyone has experience like this?

I'm using ActivePerl unser WindowsNT, IIS.
And DB is Oracle 7.3
And the perl modules I'm using are DBI, DBD-ODBC.

TIA.

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl DBI::DB2 inserting blob data

2. How can I insert blob data using DBI?

3. DBD::ODBC adding blob data error to Informix Db

4. Win32::ODBC insert datetime data into Access DB

5. Q:inserting blobs w/ oraperl 2.4

6. Newbie question--isqlperl text blob insert

7. Inserting a large file into a MS-SQL BLOB field

8. Oracle: Inserting BLOBs.

9. inserting a binary scalar into a DBI blob

10. Problem to access BLOB field in a Oracle DB

11. Problem to access BLOB field in a Oracle DB

12. Extracting BLOB data from Oracle database