Image::Magick to write Windows icons
Author Message
 Image::Magick to write Windows icons

Hello,

I work on Microsoft Windows (98 and NT4) and I want to use the
Image::Magick package (or an equivalent one) to write images into a
file with the Microsoft icon format (extension .ico).

Image::Magick returns an error when I try to write in the ICO format.

Does somebody has any idea to write image in ICO format directly with
Perl (without using an external format converter like "nconvert") ?

Thanks for your help

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:49:53 GMT
 Image::Magick to write Windows icons
This is as close as I could find:

www.winterdrache.de/freeware/png2ico/

--
Cheers
Ron Savage

http://savage.net.au/index.html

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:37:44 GMT
 Image::Magick to write Windows icons

Quote:
> I work on Microsoft Windows (98 and NT4) and I want to use the
> Image::Magick package (or an equivalent one) to write images into a
> file with the Microsoft icon format (extension .ico).

> Image::Magick returns an error when I try to write in the ICO format.

> Does somebody has any idea to write image in ICO format directly with
> Perl (without using an external format converter like "nconvert") ?

I use "The Gimp" for writing images into a file with Microsoft icon format.
You need the gimp, the gimp-plugin for writing this format (see
www.gimp.org), perl, the perl-PDL-modul and the gimp-perl modul (see
www.cpan.org)

Send a mail, if there were problems.
Karsten

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 22:20:50 GMT

1. Image::Magick->Write() doesn't want to write

2. Image Magick finding image size without loading image

3. Need help with Perl::Magick (Image::Magick)

4. Can't load Magick.so for module Image::Magick

5. Converting images without Image::Magick

6. Image::Magick: find the last image read

7. Merging and splitting of images with Image::Magick

8. convert jpg-images to tiff format with image-magick on winnt

9. Image Magick and returning images to a web page

10. AS Perl 629 Image::Magick makes Perl crash when outputting image to file

11. Image::Magick making images from layers

12. Image::Magick: find the last image read