dbm problem on windows 95
Author Message
 dbm problem on windows 95

I cannot retrieve the records I saved in the dbm file with each.

What am I doing wrong?

Here is a short program that demonstrates my problem. Note that this is
only a problem on windows 95.

Thanks.

CODE BEGIN

dbmopen ( %tester, "testee", 0666);   ### my system only has sdbm_file.
for ($x =0; $x < 5000; $x++) {
   $tester{$x} = "thing";

Quote:
}

dbmclose (%tester);
print "We created 5000 records \n";

dbmopen ( %tester, "testee", 0666);
$x = 0;
while (($key,$val) = each %tester) {
   $x++;

Quote:
}

dbmclose (%tester);

$key = $val;  # avoids warning.

print "We retrieved $x of the records on windows 95 using  each\n";

CODE END

PROGRAM OUTPUT
We created 5000 records
We retrieved 3381 of the records on windows 95 using  each

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem installing libwww-perl on Windows '95 platform

2. Big Perl and Windows 95 problem opening network files

3. Big problem with perl and Windows [95]

4. Problems installing DBI module in Windows 95

5. Path problem using activestate per 5.6 on windows 95

6. Socket problems on Windows 95/98

7. Problems building Perl5 on Windows 95 with Cygnus

8. Windows 95 Problem

9. Perl on Windows 95 backtick problem

10. Problem running system commands from Win32 perl under Windows 95

11. Windows 95 flock problem (hapless newbie question)

12. Socket problems on Windows 95/98