perl ODBC on UNIX
Author Message
 perl ODBC on UNIX

Greeting,

We have a project which  will embed a database and use perl to access it.

The requirements are as the follow:
    1. the  program will be implemented in both NT 4.0 and UNIX (Solaris 2.5
for now)
    2. using a  small/inexpensive relational database  which must have ODBC
driver for
    both platform

My questions  are:
    1. which database would you recommend? Currently, we are looking into
      Watcom  sql
    (Sybase sql anywhere). However, it seems there is no existing DBI or
ODBC perl
    implementation for this database. Is  this true? I also looked mySql,
but it  seems it does not run on NT.

    2.   Did any one  port perl ODBC module to UNIX? If there is none, how
long would you expect to do so, given a guy pretty good at ODBC and perl.

Thanks in advance

Li

Thu, 28 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 perl ODBC on UNIX

Quote:

>> My questions  are:
>>     1. which database would you recommend? Currently, we are looking into
>>       Watcom  sql
>>     (Sybase sql anywhere). However, it seems there is no existing DBI or
>> ODBC perl
>>     implementation for this database.

>There is a DBD::ODBC driver, and this should work with SQL Anywhere. There's
>also DBD::Sybase (which requires Sybase OpenClient) which will work with
>SQL Anywhere Professional.

sorry can DBD::ODBC connect with Ms SQL server...ths a lot!

Sun, 08 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC, Perl, Unix, yadda yadda yadda

2. An ODBC driver for Perl under UNIX (iODBC).

3. Unix Perl interfacing with NT ODBC

4. ODBC, Perl, Unix and Macs

5. odbc and unix perl

6. ODBC access via Perl on UNIX box

7. ODBC Library for Perl & UNIX

8. ODBC drivers for perl on UNIX

9. MS Access over ODBC with UNIX/Perl ?

10. ODBC DB connection errors with MS Access on UNIX

11. ODBC DBD on unix

12. ODBC on Unix