Accessing MS Access Database from Perl (Solaris)
Author Message
 Accessing MS Access Database from Perl (Solaris)

Folks,

I'd like to be able to access Database Files located on a Samba exported
filesystem.

Access-savvy people will be updating the file through MS Access and I'd like
to be able to read the data from the actual file (using Perl) and then
generate webpages from the data on the UNIX system.  This is an interim
measure while the data is ported to an Oracle Database.....so I'd like to be
able to re-use my Perl code that I develop.

Are there any modules/examples of where people have done this sort of
thing??

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lawrence

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 00:04:38 GMT
 Accessing MS Access Database from Perl (Solaris)

Quote:
> I'd like to be able to access Database Files located on a Samba exported
> filesystem.
> Access-savvy people will be updating the file through MS Access and I'd like
> to be able to read the data from the actual file (using Perl) and then
> generate webpages from the data on the UNIX system.  This is an interim
> measure while the data is ported to an Oracle Database.....

In that case stick a DBI proxy on a Win32 box somewhere and use
DBD::Proxy on the Unix box to talk via the proxy to DBD::ODBC.

--
     \\   ( )
  .  _\\__[oo

 .  l___\\
  # ll  l\\
 ###LL  LL\\

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 02:19:09 GMT

1. Perl Database interface to a Microsoft Access database MS-Access

2. Perl Database interface to a Microsoft Access database MS-Access

3. Perl Database interface to a Microsoft Access database MS-Access

4. Accessing MS-Access database with Perl

5. perl to access MS Access database

6. Perl to access a MS Access database

7. MS Access database access from Perl for Win32

8. Accessing MS Access Database from Unix

9. Accessing a MS Access Database

10. Perl5 on Solaris reading MS Access Database

11. Accessing MS-Access File from Perl

12. How to access MS Access using perl/cgi/unix