mysql problem with perl
Author Message
 mysql problem with perl

$dbh=DBI->connect('dbi:mysql:databasename:hostname','username','password'))

 1. I have tested my perl-script on my NT machine, its running
    mysql connection ok.
 2. I have installed my perl-script on unix-host and mysql-database
    on my NT4.0, its not running mysql connection not ok.

Thanks
Gabi.

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 mysql problem with perl

Quote:

>$dbh=DBI->connect('dbi:mysql:databasename:hostname','username','password'))

> 1. I have tested my perl-script on my NT machine, its running
>    mysql connection ok.
> 2. I have installed my perl-script on unix-host and mysql-database
>    on my NT4.0, its not running mysql connection not ok.

More information needed...

What does "not ok" mean?

What EXACT error message do you receive?

Check the return values from all statements ie:

$dbh=DBI->connect('dbi:mysql:databasename:hostname','username','password')) or
die "Error connecting.  Error = $DBI::errstr";

The $DBI::errstr contains the text error message returned by the connection
process, might help you (and us) work out what is "not ok".

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using perl's modules DBD:Mysql and DBI and mysql

2. Using perl's modules DBD:Mysql and DBI and mysql

3. PERL-DBI-mySQL - how to not DIE on mySQL error

4. Perl and MySQL problem

5. Perl MySQL access problems

6. Perl DBI and Mysql LAST_INSERT_ID() Problem

7. perl DBI / Mysql / Apache / ikonboard problem

8. Perl MySQL access problems

9. Problems with mySQL and Perl

10. Problem with Mysql from perl

11. Perl and MySQL problem