Problem sending email with Mail::Sender
Author Message
 Problem sending email with Mail::Sender

Hi,

I've got a problem with the module Mail::Sender.
i cannot send an e-mail to an e-mail adresse outside the SMTP server.
For example :

use Mail::Sender;
ref ($sender = new Mail::Sender(

 or die "$Mail::Sender::Error\n";

                         subject => 'this is a test',
                         msg => "Hi Johnie.\nHow are you?"}))
  and print "Mail sent OK."
 )
 or die "$Mail::Sender::Error\n";
 __END__

Thanks a lot for your help!

IS

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 05:47:21 GMT
 Problem sending email with Mail::Sender
HI!

As I understand it, you are sending the mail via the smtp server you name in
the call "new Mail::Sender".
This Mail-Server seems to understand only local names and does not relay to
other servers.

So I think, it's not a perl problem but a problem of your smtp-server
('smtp.server.net').

You can test it, if you lookup the mail server of "whatever.net" (using "dig
whatever.net mx" on unix) and take the returned address of  the mail server
for this domain and use it in the call "new Mail::Sender".

Hope that helps!

Roland Halder

Quote:
> Hi,

> I've got a problem with the module Mail::Sender.
> i cannot send an e-mail to an e-mail adresse outside the SMTP server.
> For example :

> use Mail::Sender;
> ref ($sender = new Mail::Sender(

>  or die "$Mail::Sender::Error\n";

>                          subject => 'this is a test',
>                          msg => "Hi Johnie.\nHow are you?"}))
>   and print "Mail sent OK."
>  )
>  or die "$Mail::Sender::Error\n";
>  __END__

> Thanks a lot for your help!

> IS

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:43:04 GMT
 Problem sending email with Mail::Sender
Yes, thank you. Was exactly the problem. With this SMTP server, I
can't test this script. But if I use a local SMTP server from my
server, works fine.

Thanks for your help!

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:43:04 +0200, "Roland Halder"

Quote:

>HI!

>As I understand it, you are sending the mail via the smtp server you name in
>the call "new Mail::Sender".
>This Mail-Server seems to understand only local names and does not relay to
>other servers.

>So I think, it's not a perl problem but a problem of your smtp-server
>('smtp.server.net').

>You can test it, if you lookup the mail server of "whatever.net" (using "dig
>whatever.net mx" on unix) and take the returned address of  the mail server
>for this domain and use it in the call "new Mail::Sender".

>Hope that helps!

>Roland Halder

>> Hi,

>> I've got a problem with the module Mail::Sender.
>> i cannot send an e-mail to an e-mail adresse outside the SMTP server.
>> For example :

>> use Mail::Sender;
>> ref ($sender = new Mail::Sender(

>>  or die "$Mail::Sender::Error\n";

>>                          subject => 'this is a test',
>>                          msg => "Hi Johnie.\nHow are you?"}))
>>   and print "Mail sent OK."
>>  )
>>  or die "$Mail::Sender::Error\n";
>>  __END__

>> Thanks a lot for your help!

>> IS

Wed, 14 Apr 2004 04:19:36 GMT

1. Sending MIME attachment using Mail::Sender

2. Mail::Sender - How to send a multipart message

3. problem using Mail::Sender(new bie)

4. Mail::Sender Problem URGENT HELP

5. Mail::Sender module problem

6. Mail:Sender problem --pls help !!

7. Mail::Sender module problem

8. Perl/TK - Mail::Sender Problem

9. Sending mail under Cygwin using Mail::Send perl module

10. sending mail through a cgi to invalid email address

11. search .pl file, where I can send email for Win32 over GMX-Mail Gateway

12. Off Topic Perl Email Question: Sending mail to AOL and Outlook Express with SENDMAIL