Weird core dumps with DBD::Oracle -> possible bug?
Author Message
 Weird core dumps with DBD::Oracle -> possible bug?

I am having an extremely weird problem with a DBD::Oracle scripts
dumping core when I set environment
through a sub routine.

I am using :  Perl, version 5.005_02 built for i86pc-solaris, DBI-1.02,
DBD-Oracle-0.54
Platform : Solaris 2.6 on x86
Oracle : 8.0.5

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
use CGI;
use DBI;
CGI::SetMyOraEnv;  # I have this subroutine in my CGI.pm
..log into Oracle..
..exec select statement
..print results

The above script prints the results correctly but dumps core after
execution. However, thru CGI,  it just dumps
core  without any output. But, the weird thing is, if I have a "print"
statement before the DBI stuff
in the script, it works fine thru CGI without any core dumps!

I am not aquainted with using gdb etc to go through the core dump, but
will gladly mail it to someone who wishes
to have a look. The best I could do was this :

$ strings core | less
/bin/sh
/usr/bin/csh
0123456789abcdef0123456789ABCDEFx

nomethod
bool
fallback
panic: sprintf overflow - memory corrupted!
values-Xa.c
/build/on495-good/usr/src/lib/libc/
AUTOLOAD
Identifier too long

=!<,>
 during global destruction.
(null)
(in cleanup)
Target of goto is too deeply nested
0 but true
LMNO

PQRSTUVWXYZ{|}~
L16
8WK16
L16P
         (((((                  H
LMNO

PQRSTUVWXYZ{|}~
5.00502
F6xP
__END__

TIA!

Ajit

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Weird core dumps with DBD::Oracle -> possible bug?

2. DBD::Oracle and Perl5.004_03 - dumps core

3. Core dump after successful execution of DBD::Oracle Script

4. Core dump after successful execution of DBD::Oracle Script

5. DBD::Oracle and Perl5.004_03 - dumps core

6. Weird Recursion Core Dump

7. Weird perl core dump

8. Weird core dump.

9. DBD-40 core dump on HP-UX 10.01

10. DBD::Sybase problem -- Segmentation fault (core dumped)

11. DBD::Sybase core dump...

12. $anything->configure() core dumps