Perl Insert or Update Command
Author Message
 Perl Insert or Update Command

Hi all,
        I'm trying to run a  perl insert command. Please someone give me
the systax for the perl insert command with "where" clause.
I'm able to insert, but without 'where' clause. If i'm trying to put
'where' clause i'm getting problems. I mean i'm not getting any errors
but the database is not being updated.

Also please give me a sample code for 'update' command with 'where'
clause. Because i'm having the same problem for the 'update' command too.
I mean when i'm trying to put 'where' clause i'm getting errors. some
times i'm not getting errors, but the database is not being updated. I'm
using Access'97 Database and ActivePerl5.0 on windowsNT machine with IIS
web server.
Please someone Help me.

-Sudheer Havaligi

SUDHEER HAVALIGI
Home# (313) 833 7555
Off # (313) 993 7739

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl Insert or Update Command
Sudheer,

The insert command you are referring to is a SQL statement, NOT a Perl
command!

Since you didn't provide any code, I can't tell you where the problem
is.  Please do not re-post an example, SQL is way off-topic for this
group.

Since you said you were using Access '97 though, there is a SQL "helper"
built in to the Access program!  Go into the database via access, then
choose "new query"  You can then design a query in the Access interface
and test them there.  When you get it doing what you want it to do,
choose the "view SQL" option, and cut-n-paste the SQL into your Perl
code.  This should help you out.  You could also paste the "offending"
SQL code INTO access and try to execute it - Access should give you a
better error message than the Perl ODBC drivers will.

Good luck!
BRent

"Java? Sure I know what it is.  Java is what I drink while hacking
Perl!" - me
--

           Brent Michalski
        -- Perl Evangelist --

Resume: http://www.inlink.com/~perlguy

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl Insert or Update Command

2. Looking for updates/enhancements to the perl man command

3. Update a Tk/Perl window while a system command is running

4. DBI module INSERT command problem

5. Inserting environment variables at the command prompt

6. question about the insert sql command.

7. command to update the mainloop during longrunning subs?

8. update during sleep or system commands

9. update during sleep or system commands

10. mysql INSERT is broken by some charactors in the inserted record

11. DNS Update Module Net-DNS-Update

12. Making perl a builtin command dtksh command on AIX 4.x