Building Perl packages for ActivePerl
Author Message
 Building Perl packages for ActivePerl

Hello Everyone,

I have a question concerning building Perl Packages, specifically for
activeperl, but also for Perl in general. I have read the PPM FAQ concerning
building Packages, and have no problem there. I have Unix tools for Win32.
(which is what I am building on)

What I am trying to do is package 8 perl modules in a Package called
ETI-Tools, so that it can be installed and removed easily.
My current setup (directory contents):
   makfile.pl
   file1.pm
   file2.pm

   file8.pm

When I build my package and install it, the files are copied into
Perl/site/lib. I would like them to be built/copied in Perl/site/lib/ETI.
Also, if possible I would like to specify in makefile.pl where the package
is to be built/copied from. (e.g. dir=>'ETI')

Here is my current makefile.pl: (PS I have checked out MakeMaker docs, and
could not figure it out :) )

use ExtUtils::MakeMaker;
# See lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm for details of how to influence
# the contents of the Makefile that is written.
WriteMakefile(
    'NAME' => 'ETI-Tools',
    'VERSION' => '1.00',
    ($] ge '5.005') ? (
        'AUTHOR' => 'ETI',
        'ABSTRACT' => 'Tools for ETI Programs',
    ) : (),
);

Cliff

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Building Perl packages for ActivePerl
[Posted and e-mailed.]

) My current setup (directory contents):
)    makfile.pl
)    file1.pm
)    file2.pm
)    |
)    file8.pm
)
) When I build my package and install it, the files are copied into
) Perl/site/lib. I would like them to be built/copied in Perl/site/lib/ETI.

Well, you can try in your Makefile.PL:

    'PM'        => {
        'file1.pm' => '$(INST_LIBDIR)/ETI/file1.pm',
    },

Or you could do the more correct:

    Makefile.PL:
        'NAME' => 'ETI';
        'DISTNAME' => 'ETI-Tools',
    subdir1/Mod1.pm
    subdir1/Makefile.PL:
        'NAME' => 'ETI::Mod1',
    subdir2/Mod2.pm
    subdir1/Makefile.PL:
        'NAME' => 'ETI::Mod2',
Tye McQueen    Nothing is obvious unless you are overlooking something
         http://www.metronet.com/~tye/ (scripts, links, nothing fancy)

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Building Packages - Override Package Functions - Including Inheritance

2. MSI Perl package installation from ActivePerl for win98

3. How to Build a Perl with Tk Package

4. How to Build a Perl with Tk Package

5. Installing packages using ActivePerl (Win32)

6. install packages to ActivePerl

7. ActivePerl Win32 PPM and DBD-Sybase package

8. dbd-xbase module missing in packages for activeperl 5.6x

9. How to static link my packages in ActivePerl?

10. ActivePerl 5.6.0: add packages problem

11. How to static link my packages in Activeperl?

12. How to static link my packages in ActivePerl?