Is someone know about the MAIL related module??
Author Message
 Is someone know about the MAIL related module??

Hi, all:

Now, I have the problem with the RECEIVE mail in perl.
Because I don't understand the SMTP protocol, but I got the sendmail library
so I can send mail out.  But now, I wanna receive E-mail with WWW.  Is
somebody now about this??

I hope you can understand what I say.  My English is pool.

---
National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
Department of Electronic Engineering
Senior
Kevin Huang

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Is someone know about the MAIL related module??
: Now, I have the problem with the RECEIVE mail in perl.
: Because I don't understand the SMTP protocol, but I got the sendmail library
: so I can send mail out.  But now, I wanna receive E-mail with WWW.  Is
: somebody now about this??

Normally, for receiving e-mail, the POP3 and IMAP protocols are used
(though there also is an extension to the SMTP protocol called XTRN).

Perl provides modules for these, see Net::POP3 (in the libnet package)
and Net::IMAP (in the NetxAP package).

cu,
  Martin
--
                        | Martin Vorlaender | VMS & WNT programmer

 Microsoft wants        |       http://www.pdv-systeme.de/users/martinv/

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to know someone exit?

2. Does someone know the pretectual calendar formula??

3. File creation problem !!Someone has to know this!!

4. Does someone knows good in-line alias?

5. Can you know how long someone stayed connected?

6. Why I am glad I know perl

7. Can someone E-mail me the FAQ??

8. Someone put my munged e-mail address on a spam list

9. Send mail as someone else

10. Send Mail - What am I missing here?