Failure to install DBD via perl -MCPAN
Author Message
 Failure to install DBD via perl -MCPAN

I'm trying to install the DBD::mysql module.  everything goes fine until
it tries to connect to the server.  below is the error message:

---------------
t/00base............ok
t/10dsnlist.........DBI->connect failed: Can't connect to local MySQL
server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) at t/10dsnlist.t line 45
Cannot connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
 Either your server is not up and running or you have no
 permissions for acessing the DSN DBI:mysql:database=test.
 This test requires a running server and write permissions.
 Please make sure your server is running and you have
 permissions, then retry.
dubious
 Test returned status 10 (wstat 2560, 0xa00)
Undefined subroutine &Test::Harness::WCOREDUMP called at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/Test/Harness.pm line 288.
make[1]: *** [test_dynamic] Error 10
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/.cpan/build/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2210/mysql'
make: *** [test] Error 2
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
---------------

I can't seem to figure it out.  My server is running, I can connect to
it with the user name I specify and the password also.  I'm fairly
certain I don't have a problem with the permissions in mysql (I connect
via "root").
I installed mysql via the source rpm.  I am at a loss for what to do.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Juan Martinez

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Failure to install DBD via perl -MCPAN

2. DBD::Informix install failures.

3. Trouble installing modules with perl -MCPAN -e shell

4. -MCPAN to install older PM

5. Error install module using MCPAN

6. problem installing GD module using MCPAN

7. returning sub failure via array?

8. PathInfo + QueryString Failure via Form + PerlScript - looong.

9. Failure Installing Perl 5.6.0 on NCR UNIX MP-RAS 3.02

10. Perl install Dynaloader failures on Solaris

11. Perl install failure

12. DBD::Oracle transient connection failures on HP_UX