Problem compiling GD on Win32
Author Message
 Problem compiling GD on Win32

Hi,

I have the latest version of perl from ActiveState and I need to
recompile a custom version of GD 1.18 to wich I added iso-latin-1
fonts. The module compiles without a problem on our Linux box, but
refuse to compile on Win32 because of syntax errors. I used the Visual
Studio package and gcc from cygwin32 tools ( a GNU port of UNIX tools
for Win NT), and neither one worked.

Did anyone ever had success compiling GD on Win32?, and If yes please
share your experience with me!

Thanks,

Jean Kiepura

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem compiling GD on Win32

Quote:

>I have the latest version of perl from ActiveState and I need to
>recompile a custom version of GD 1.18 to wich I added iso-latin-1
>fonts. The module compiles without a problem on our Linux box, but
>refuse to compile on Win32 because of syntax errors. I used the Visual
>Studio package and gcc from cygwin32 tools ( a GNU port of UNIX tools
>for Win NT), and neither one worked.
>Did anyone ever had success compiling GD on Win32?, and If yes please
>share your experience with me!

Hi,
   I've compiled GD (without any additions of fonts) on Win98 using
VC++ 6 - the only change I made was commenting out the line
        DEFINE='$(DEFINE)'; export DEFINE INC; \
in Makefile.PL. With this changed, the build was successful and
all tests passed.
   Compiling any package with cygwin's gcc wouldn't be compatable with
the ActiveState build (which used VC++) - you'd have to rebuild perl
with gcc.

--
                Best regards,
                Randy Kobes

Physics Department              Phone:     (204) 786-9399
University of Winnipeg          Fax:       (204) 774-4134

Canada                          http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. GD.pm - problems compiling - help! :)

2. GD.pm Compiling Problems

3. problem to compile GD.pm

4. GD compile problems on solaris2.6

5. GD.pm on SCO UnixWare 7.1 compiling problems

6. Problems compiling GD

7. GD-1.31 freetype support compiling problem

8. GD.pm Compile Problems

9. GD 1.30 Compile Problem on HPUX 11

10. Problems compiling GD.pm

11. GD.pm compile problems...

12. Newbie : GD.pm in activestate Perl for win32 problem