Can I execute Perl scripts with Front Page 98 ?
Author Message
 Can I execute Perl scripts with Front Page 98 ?

Is it possible to execute perl scripts with FrontPage 98 (under NT 4.0)
before uploading to Unix system ?
Thanks

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I execute Perl scripts with Front Page 98 ?

Quote:

>Is it possible to execute perl scripts with FrontPage 98 (under NT 4.0)
>before uploading to Unix system ?

No.  But whatever HTTP server you may be using on NT will probably be
able to do so.  Of course you will need to get perl for Win32 (from
CPAN ) and then configure your server appropriately.  The  former
would have been addressed in the Auto-response you would have received
after you posted if you had not munged your E-Mail address. The latter
is frequently asked here but better answered in a group such as
comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows

/J\
Jonathan Stowe
See the MetaFaq at http://www.btinternet.com/~gellyfish/resources/wwwfaq.htm

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I execute Perl scripts with Front Page 98 ?

Quote:
> Is it possible to execute perl scripts with FrontPage 98 (under NT 4.0)
> before uploading to Unix system ?

What you need to do is install Perl for Win32 and then you can test your
scripts on your NT box.  The latest version of Perl for Win32 is available
at:
http://www.perl.com/latest.html

Hope this helps.

-Colin Reid

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can I execute Perl scripts with Front Page 98 ?

2. Can I execute Perl scripts with Front Page 98 ?

3. Executing a Perl script inside a HMTL page ?

4. Executing a Perl script inside a HMTL page ?

5. question about canned perl script

6. Netscape response to Perl using Front Page extensions

7. PERL and Microsoft Front PAGE

8. HTML Perl Manual Front Page generation?

9. email with windows 98 perl script?

10. Help for Windows 98 web servers and perl scripts now available

11. Perl Ping script for Win 98

12. Running perl scripts in Win 98