Apache::DBI-connections apparently not re-used
Author Message
 Apache::DBI-connections apparently not re-used

Dear community,
I have installed Apache::DBI and can observe 'new connect's in the
Apache
logfile for every process starting up (PerlChildInitHandler works!).
All those connections show up in MySQL (with 'show processlist') as
well.
So far so good.

But when my CGI-script executes, it does NOT re-use any of those
connections.
The Apache-log is silent, no 'reusing connection' or so, and MySQL
actually
shows a NEW connection-ID for my CGI-script that executes my SQL.

I have searched all of deja-news, but do not find any explanation.

Many thanks for any pointers.

-----------------
perl is 5.005
mod_perl 1.21
Apache::DBI 0.88
My httpd.conf PerlRequire is obviously correct (or else I would not
have
the initial connections)
my script.pl is a 'normal' cgi-bin/script and does work fine, except
that it does not re-use the DB-connections.

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 07:10:33 GMT

1. Apache::DBI-connections apparently not re-used

2. Apache::DBI and multiple connections?

3. persistent connection with Apache::DBI (mod_perl)

4. Apache::DBI non-persistant connections

5. persistent DBI connection in Apache perl_mod

6. persistent connection with Apache::DBI (mod_perl)

7. Apache::DBI, DBI, mod_perl, apache segfault

8. reusing a HTTP connection

9. DBI/DBD connection works in shell, not httpd

10. Connection problem using Perl DBI and IIS4

11. Connection problem using Perl DBI and IIS4

12. Oracle8i Connection using PERL DBI and DBD modules on HP Unix