trying to install Curl::easy
Author Message
 trying to install Curl::easy

Trying to install Curl::easy (v1.35) on a server without root access.
(Virtual host.) I get the following error as soon as I enter: perl
Makefile.pl

Cannot find curl.h - cannot build constants files - see Makefile.PL at
Makefile.PL line 74. I looked at that line, but without knowing what
this missing file is, or how to get around it, it didn't help.

If you want, below is the corresponding part of the Makefile.
##begin part of problem-causing code##
my $curl_h;

# otherwise try a list of common locations

    if (-e $try . "/curl/curl.h") {
        $curl_d = $try;
        $curl_h = $try . "/curl/curl.h";
        last;
    }

Quote:
}

if (!defined($curl_h)) {
    die "Cannot find curl.h - cannot build constants files  - see
Makefile.PL";
Quote:
}

##this seems to be the part where it decides to stop##

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:58:06 GMT
 trying to install Curl::easy

Quote:
> Trying to install Curl::easy (v1.35) on a server without root access.
> (Virtual host.) I get the following error as soon as I enter: perl
> Makefile.pl

> Cannot find curl.h - cannot build constants files - see Makefile.PL at
> Makefile.PL line 74.

Looks like curl.h is one of curl's includes - which you need.
See http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/perl/ for more details.

Cheers,
Rob

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:15:59 GMT

1. Can't locate loadable object for module Curl::easy

2. Easy install required for MacPerl 5.20r4 to install StandardFile shared lib

3. perl curl get data from website

4. Multithreaded Perl application crash with cURL and HTTPS

5. installing perl is the easiest thing I've ever done since learning how to sleep

6. Screwed up LWP trying to install Bundle::Apache ???

7. Trying to install MIME-Base64-2.06

8. Screwed up LWP trying to install Bundle::Apache ???

9. Trying to install Perl 4.035 on SPARCclassic running Solaris 2.1

10. Trying to install Perl modules in cygwin

11. Trying to Install perl5 on SunOS 4.1.3

12. trying to install perl on Alpha