Looking for simple two-way password encryption/decryption module
Author Message
 Looking for simple two-way password encryption/decryption module

Hi,

I need a Perl module to encrypt passwords. The encrypted string should
be ASCII text so that it can be stored into a configuration file. What
module would you recommend?

All help is appreciated.

++karri

Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:47:44 GMT
 Looking for simple two-way password encryption/decryption module

Quote:

> I need a Perl module to encrypt passwords.

Why do you want to encrypt passwords?

Think hard about that question.

Quote:
> The encrypted string should be ASCII text so that it can be stored
> into a configuration file.

See numerous previous threads about storing encrypted passwords in
configuration files.

Where do you get the encryption key used need to the decrypt the
password?

If you are not going to decrypt the password why do you say you want
two-way algoritm.

Quote:
> What module would you recommend?

For general encryption I'd usually recommend Blowfish.

If you want to ascii-armour a binary string I'd use MIME base64
encoding.

Quote:
> All help is appreciated.

I think you need to take a step back and look at the conceptual
problems before looking at implementational specifics.

--
     \\   ( )
  .  _\\__[oo

 .  l___\\
  # ll  l\\
 ###LL  LL\\

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 02:25:30 GMT

1. Good encryption/decryption module for Solaris

2. Encryption/Decryption module

3. Encryption in perl and decryption in Java

4. Encryption/Decryption

5. Encryption/Decryption of strings

6. Credit Card Encryption/Decryption -help!

7. Secure (enough) dayta encryption and decryption

8. Two ways to undef?

9. Different ways of initialising a two dimensional array

10. Looking For Ways To Branch To HTML Links

11. Looking for simple module example (Perl for Win32)

12. Password Encryption.