PROPOSAL: SMS::Ringtone, SMS::Image, SMS::MT
Author Message
 PROPOSAL: SMS::Ringtone, SMS::Image, SMS::MT

Hello all,

I've created a set of SMS-only packages that I recently needed as I could
not find no alternative for. The PODs can be viewed and the packages
downloaded at http://www.*-*-*.com/ 'll describe them
shortly below.

SMS::Ringtone::RTTTL::Parser
RTTTL ringtone parser and validator. There are accessor methods to view
RTTTL parse errors and warnings. This class is also used by one of the
methods in the next package.
POD:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

SMS::Ringtone::RTTTL::MIDI
Module containing functions for converting RTTTL strings to MIDI format and
eventually vice-versa. This module uses MIDI::Simple and
SMS::Ringtone::RTTTL::Parser to perform the conversions with little extra
coding. A similar conversion module exists GSM::SMS::Support::RTTTL2MIDI but
it does not handle errors well nor convert properly.
POD:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

SMS::Image
Common image conversion functions for use in SMS applications. Here are the
subroutines this module currently export_ok's:
gif_to_ota()
ota_to_gif()
png_to_ota()
ota_to_png()
raw_to_ota()
ota_to_raw()
POD: http://www.*-*-*.com/

SMS::MT
This is a class that uses plugin modules to send mobile terminated (MT) SMS
messages through any SMS service using a single and simple interface. All
plugins are accessed through the methods this class provides. This way, only
one class and it's methods can be used for different SMS MT services without
the user having to go into the details of how each of these services work.
This module requires one more plugin modules to work. The plugin modules
have the names SMS::MT::Service::*. Plugin modules may send SMS's via any
protocol, not only HTTP, such as SOAP, SMTP, UDP, TCP, whatever. For example
see the interfaces supported by http://www.*-*-*.com/ .
POD: http://www.*-*-*.com/

SMS::MT::Service::WirelessServices
This package contains a class for creating a standalone object or an object
that acts as a plugin for a SMS::MT receptor object. See the SMS::MT
documentation for details. This class sends mobile terminated SMS's via the
interfaces of http://www.*-*-*.com/
POD:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
.html

SMS::MT::Service::Simplewire
This package contains a class for creating a standalone object or an object
that acts as a plugin for a SMS::MT receptor object. See the SMS::MT
documentation for details. This class sends mobile terminated SMS's via the
interfaces of http://www.*-*-*.com/ . Only the non-smart messaging
methods have been tested in this version as I do not have an account that
supports smart messaging at Simplewire. This package uses Net::SMS (belongs
to Simplewire) internally.
POD:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Future ideas coming up.....:
SMS::Ringtone::Composer..... - Nokia composer related ringtone modules.
SMS::MT::Service::MTNSMS - send SMS's via MTNSMS.
More SMS::MT::Service::[servicename] plugin modules.

-Craig Manley
PAUSE: CMANLEY
Note: Fix my email address if you want to reply by email.

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:03:54 GMT

1. PROPOSAL: WWW::SMS

2. SMS help

3. SMS...

4. SMS Module

5. Email To SMS

6. sms on hypermart

7. send sms text message to wireless phones using sendmail - HELP

8. SMS using Perl?

9. I need help with SMS sending script

10. SMS

11. sms text messaging script

12. Newbie: want to shrink/compress/abbreviate text before sending to SMS phone