Building DBD::Oracle for Oracle 8
Author Message
 Building DBD::Oracle for Oracle 8

Hi,

Does anyone have the experience of building DBD::Oracle for Oracle 8? I
have downloaded the following:
        DBI-0.93
        DBD-Oracle-0.47

I have Perl5.004_04 installed.

Now I want to know if I need Pro*C installed. It's said in the README
file in DBD-Oracle-0.47 that I need to "Install enough Oracle software
to enable DBD::Oracle to build. That includes Pro*C". Unfortunately, Pro*C
is not included in our current version of Oracle 8. The Oracle sales rep.
said we didn't purchase Oracle Programmer 2000 which includes Pro*C and
some other products.

Is Pro*C a MUST to build DBD::Oracle? Then probably we need to buy
Programmer 2000?

BTW, I just wonder why I cannot just buy Pro*C instead of the whole package
of Oracle Programmer 2000(about $1000). (Maybe I should ask this to the
sales rep. :-)

The environment is:
OS:             SunOS 5.6 (Solaris)
Oracle Server:  8.0.4.0.0(workgroup edition)

Thanks for your help.

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Building DBD::Oracle for Oracle 8

With 7.x, I've installed DBD::Oracle with only OCI and the SQLNet client
software.
John

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Building DBD::Oracle on SOlaris 8 with Oracle 9i 64-bit

2. DBD::Oracle, and Oracle RDB

3. Using ORACLE DATE field with DBD-Oracle

4. Q: Can DBD::Oracle be used when Oracle TCP/IP access is disabled

5. DBD::Oracle for oracle 9i

6. Oracle DBD with Oracle 7.3.2

7. DBD::Oracle with Oracle 9i

8. Perl DBD-Oracle for Oracle 9i

9. Problems backing up Oracle control files via DBD::Oracle

10. Writing Oracle SQL for DBD-Oracle?

11. Oracle 9i & DBD::Oracle v.1.30

12. Problems backing up Oracle control files via DBD::Oracle