convert jpg-images to tiff format with image-magick on winnt
Author Message
 convert jpg-images to tiff format with image-magick on winnt
hi experts,

I wrote a perl-script, which works fine under linux to convert jpg-images to
tiff format with the help of the image-magick library.

But now, I have to operate it on win-nt4.0, which does not work.
easy syntax: convert image.jpg image.tiff

Does anybody know, if it is possible to do this under winnt?

thanks in advance,

klaus mairinger

NETVISCO Websolution GmbH      added value through concepts
Schillerstr. 30
A-5020 Salzburg

phone: (+)43 662 452084         fax:    (+)43 662 452474

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:57:28 GMT
 convert jpg-images to tiff format with image-magick on winnt
I used th GD module to convert from PNG to JPG think it will do tiffs as
well

$pt2 being the image.

            open (INIMAGE, "< ../$pt2");
            my $myImage = newFromPng GD::Image(\*INIMAGE) || die;
            close INIMAGE;

            my $jpegdata = $myImage->jpeg(600);

            $pt2 =~ s/.png/tmp.jpg/;

            open (OTIMAGE, "> ../$pt2");
            binmode OTIMAGE;
            print OTIMAGE $jpegdata;
            close OTIMAGE;

Dont know if this will help but there is also a newFrom Jpeg.

Quote:
> hi experts,

> I wrote a perl-script, which works fine under linux to convert jpg-images
> tiff format with the help of the image-magick library.

> But now, I have to operate it on win-nt4.0, which does not work.
> easy syntax: convert image.jpg image.tiff

> Does anybody know, if it is possible to do this under winnt?

> thanks in advance,

> klaus mairinger

> --
> --
> NETVISCO Websolution GmbH      added value through concepts
> Schillerstr. 30
> A-5020 Salzburg

> phone: (+)43 662 452084         fax:    (+)43 662 452474

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:31:46 GMT
 convert jpg-images to tiff format with image-magick on winnt
hi trevor,

I looked at http://www.boutell.com/gd/ and
http://stein.cshl.org/WWW/software/GD/GD.html but I could not find any hint
about tiff-support!

do you have any other information, about image-converting?

thanks,

klaus

Quote:
> I used th GD module to convert from PNG to JPG think it will do tiffs as
> well

> $pt2 being the image.

>             open (INIMAGE, "< ../$pt2");
>             my $myImage = newFromPng GD::Image(\*INIMAGE) || die;
>             close INIMAGE;

>             my $jpegdata = $myImage->jpeg(600);

>             $pt2 =~ s/.png/tmp.jpg/;

>             open (OTIMAGE, "> ../$pt2");
>             binmode OTIMAGE;
>             print OTIMAGE $jpegdata;
>             close OTIMAGE;

> Dont know if this will help but there is also a newFrom Jpeg.

> > hi experts,

> > I wrote a perl-script, which works fine under linux to convert
jpg-images
> > tiff format with the help of the image-magick library.

> > But now, I have to operate it on win-nt4.0, which does not work.
> > easy syntax: convert image.jpg image.tiff

> > Does anybody know, if it is possible to do this under winnt?

> > thanks in advance,

> > klaus mairinger

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:40:46 GMT
 convert jpg-images to tiff format with image-magick on winnt

Quote:

> hi trevor,

> I looked at http://www.boutell.com/gd/ and
> http://stein.cshl.org/WWW/software/GD/GD.html but I could not find any hint
> about tiff-support!

> do you have any other information, about image-converting?

> thanks,

> klaus

> > I used th GD module to convert from PNG to JPG think it will do tiffs as
> > well

> > $pt2 being the image.

> >             open (INIMAGE, "< ../$pt2");
> >             my $myImage = newFromPng GD::Image(\*INIMAGE) || die;
> >             close INIMAGE;

> >             my $jpegdata = $myImage->jpeg(600);

> >             $pt2 =~ s/.png/tmp.jpg/;

> >             open (OTIMAGE, "> ../$pt2");
> >             binmode OTIMAGE;
> >             print OTIMAGE $jpegdata;
> >             close OTIMAGE;

> > Dont know if this will help but there is also a newFrom Jpeg.

> > > hi experts,

> > > I wrote a perl-script, which works fine under linux to convert
> jpg-images
> > > tiff format with the help of the image-magick library.

> > > But now, I have to operate it on win-nt4.0, which does not work.
> > > easy syntax: convert image.jpg image.tiff

> > > Does anybody know, if it is possible to do this under winnt?

> > > thanks in advance,

> > > klaus mairinger

Imager (http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~addi/perl/Imager/ and also on CPAN)
can do jpeg, png and tiff (and some others).  It works under Windows
but to get all those formats working with it you might have to compile
it yourself.  There is a binary distribution which supports those
formats except tiff.

-- Arnar

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:13:24 GMT
 convert jpg-images to tiff format with image-magick on winnt
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:57:28 +0200,

Quote:
> hi experts,

> I wrote a perl-script, which works fine under linux to convert jpg-images to
> tiff format with the help of the image-magick library.

> But now, I have to operate it on win-nt4.0, which does not work.
> easy syntax: convert image.jpg image.tiff

That's not a Perl command, you're using the command line utility. This
tells me that there is something not entirely right with your
ImageMagick installation.

Quote:
> Does anybody know, if it is possible to do this under winnt?

Yes, it is possible. It may be that you need to install some stuff
separately, maybe the tiff library or soemthing.

The best place to ask this question is the ImageMagick mailing list.
It's not really a Perl issue, and not even a Perl module issue, but a
'how do I get TIFF support to work for NT in ImageMagick' issue. The
mailing list archives are on-line at http://www.imagemagick.org/. See
if someone else has already asked the question.

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen                      |
Interactive Media Division              | "In a world without fences,

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:24:59 GMT

1. Converting images without Image::Magick

2. Image Magick finding image size without loading image

3. examples of merging two .jpg with Image::Magick?

4. examples of merging two .jpg with Image::Magick?

5. Image::Magick: find the last image read

6. Merging and splitting of images with Image::Magick

7. Image Magick and returning images to a web page

8. AS Perl 629 Image::Magick makes Perl crash when outputting image to file

9. Image::Magick making images from layers

10. Image::Magick: find the last image read

11. ANNOUNCE: Tutorial # 32: Showcasing Image::Magick (part 2): xml-2-image.pl

12. ANNOUNCE: Tutorial # 31: Showcasing Image::Magick (part 1): text-2-image.pl