HELP!Can't compile Perl 5 Modules!
Author Message
 HELP!Can't compile Perl 5 Modules!

I have tried looking at the FAQ's and haven't been able to find anything
about how to go about building the various modules available at CPAN
etc.  Specifically, everytime I try to compile a module after running
'perl Makefile.PL', I get the following error message:

Makefile out-of-date with respect to
/usr/lib/perl5/i586-linux/5.003/Config.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/i586-linux/5.003/CORE/config.h
Cleaning current config before rebuilding Makefile...
make -f Makefile.old clean >/dev/null 2>&1 || true
/usr/bin/perl "-I/usr/lib/perl5/i586-linux/5.003" "-I/usr/lib/perl5"
Makefile.PL
Writing Makefile for Pg

Quote:
>>> Your Makefile has been rebuilt. <<<
>>> Please rerun the make command.  <<<

make: *** [Makefile] Error 1

And it loops on and on rebuilding every time and not compiling.  What's
up??  This happends with every module that I have tried to compile that
uses perl Makefile.PL.

Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Ed Taekema
LibertyHealth

Mon, 17 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!Can't compile Perl 5 Modules!

    Ed> Writing Makefile for Pg
    Ed> make: *** [Makefile] Error 1

    Ed> And it loops on and on rebuilding every time and not compiling.  What's
    Ed> up??  This happends with every module that I have tried to compile that
    Ed> uses perl Makefile.PL.

    Ed> Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Check your systems clock. Looks as if the generated Makefile is older
than the Makefile.PL.

Ulrich Pfeifer

for(0..24){print $J[$_*7%($#J+1)]}

Mon, 17 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!Can't compile Perl 5 Modules!

Quote:

>     Ed> Writing Makefile for Pg
>     >>>> Your Makefile has been rebuilt. <<<
>     >>>> Please rerun the make command.  <<<
>     Ed> make: *** [Makefile] Error 1

> Check your systems clock. Looks as if the generated Makefile is older
> than the Makefile.PL.

> Ulrich Pfeifer

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.  That sounds entirely likely.!

Ed Taekema

Mon, 17 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!Can't compile Perl 5 Modules!

Good call.  Looks like all is well now that my system time is in the
correct year!

Thanks again,

Ed

Tue, 18 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!Can't compile Perl 5 Modules!

Good call.  Looks like all is well now that my system time is in the
correct year!

Thanks again,

Ed

Fri, 28 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. can't compile Perl-Gimp module

2. Apache won't compile with perl module

3. Can't get Perl to find modules in Lib directory when compiling

4. HELP: 'Unsatisfied symbols' while compiling Oraperl

5. We can't compile Perl - Help

6. help - can't compile perl.

7. HELP: Compiling Perl for Dynamic Module Loading

8. HELP: Compiling Perl for Dynamic Module Loading

9. please help with compiling perl/modules 5.005

10. HELP: Compiling Perl for Dynamic Module Loading

11. compiling module compiles PERL?!?

12. question about canned perl script