Namespace choice
Author Message
 Namespace choice

I have two modules that I would like to upload to CPAN, but first I
have to make a namespace choice. The first module provides windows
users with a full MCI interface to their cd-rom players, so that they
can play and control audio cd's via perl. For this first module I
thought of Win32::MCI::PlayCD or simply Win32::MCI::CD.

The second module validates dutch bank account numbers (elftest), the
name I had in mind for this module is Business::BankNumberNL.

Any comments on these names are welcome.

Lennert.

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 04:24:50 GMT
 Namespace choice

Quote:
> I have two modules that I would like to upload to CPAN, but first I
> have to make a namespace choice. The first module provides windows
> users with a full MCI interface to their cd-rom players, so that they
> can play and control audio cd's via perl. For this first module I
> thought of Win32::MCI::PlayCD or simply Win32::MCI::CD.

As to the first, if it's a complement to the Win32::MCI::Basic module
already on CPAN
(http://search.cpan.org/doc/NILSONSFJ/Win32-MCI-Basic-0.01/Basic.pm), then
it should be okay.

Quote:
> The second module validates dutch bank account numbers (elftest), the
> name I had in mind for this module is Business::BankNumberNL.

Better:  Business::BankNumber::NL -- i.e., subclass the NL.  There are
currently no modules on CPAN beginning Business::BankNumber.  Yours would be
the first, but it would be good to separate out the 'NL' so that
complementary modules could be written by yourself or others for other
currencies.

jk

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:53:20 GMT

1. Namespace Choice for 3D Graphics Module

2. Namespace choice

3. request feedback WRT choice of namespace

4. Help with multiple choice Q&A script

5. How to set a variable to the greater of 2 choices

6. Default choices in drop down list box

7. the best choice for christmas gifts

8. What are the software editor/creative choices for Perl

9. Is python a good choice for this task?

10. STDIN and choices on screen?

11. Open or Die - is die the only choice?

12. Mail::Internet not the right choice for me ?