Berkeley DB, DB File on multiple platforms
Author Message
 Berkeley DB, DB File on multiple platforms

This might be a stupid question and if the answer is FAQed
somewhere, point me there but this is driving some new
Perl folks crazy.

Are the databases created with Berkeley DB and DB_File from
Perl platform-dependent?   We are using the latest version
of Berkeley DB (10.171 from Sleepycat) and Perl 5.005_02.
On SGI machines, the databases created from a text to dbm
perl script are 16K for a simple example, on a PC running
Solaris, the same script, Berkeley DB and Perl 5.005_03
creates a 40K DB.  The solaris created db cannot be
manipulated on the SGIs and vice versa.

Any suggestions that we might be overlooking?

Thanks,
Kenny

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Berkeley DB / DB File Concurrence Problem

2. Berkeley DB / DB File Concurrence Problem

3. perl dumps core when multiple processes write same (Berkeley) DB_File db

4. Problem adding to Berkeley DB file using DB_File

5. Berkeley DB file interface, bug report

6. fixes for file size limits with DB_File/Berkeley DB

7. Berkeley::DB, File exists problem on solaris 2.7

8. Should Berkeley DB file be locked during tie?

9. Berkeley DB file interface, bug report

10. DB_File bug? My Berkeley DB file is erased

11. junk in Berkeley DB files from perl

12. flat file db Vs Aliases.db by Perl.