Convert Emails with BASE64 encoded attatchments
Author Message
 Convert Emails with BASE64 encoded attatchments

Does anybody knows an simple way, how to convert (with a perl script) an
email with BASE64 encoded attatchments to an
email with unencoded attatchments? Another Question, how can I find out,
that the attatchments are BASE 64 ecoded?

Thanks,

      Thomas

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert Emails with BASE64 encoded attatchments

Quote:

> Does anybody knows an simple way, how to convert (with a perl script) an
> email with BASE64 encoded attatchments to an
> email with unencoded attatchments?

Take a look at the MIME tools package, particularly MIME::Parser.

$CPAN/E/ER/ERYQ/MIME-tools-5.211.tar.gz

Quote:
> Another Question, how can I find out,
> that the attatchments are BASE 64 ecoded?

The "Content-type: " in "multipart/mixed" messages will tell you.

Regards,
        _Gus

--

0x58E18C6D
82 AA 4D 7F D8 45 58 05  6D 1B 1A 72 1E DB 31 B5

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert Emails with BASE64 encoded attatchments

Quote:

>> Another Question, how can I find out,
>> that the attatchments are BASE 64 ecoded?

>The "Content-type: " in "multipart/mixed" messages will tell you.

ITYM "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64"

[nothing to do with Perl - followups set]

--
Ilmari Karonen - http://www.sci.fi/~iltzu/
"The screwdriver *is* the portable method."  -- Abigail

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Convert Email with BASE64 encoded Attachments

2. Send email with attatchment using CGI script?

3. MIME (base64) encoding script, help?

4. A simple program to decode BASE64-encoded messages?

5. Q: What is Base64 encoding???

6. Base64 encoding problem...

7. Base64 Encoding and Decoding an image

8. Base64 encoding problems on win32

9. MIME::Base64 - Encoding problem

10. Problems with base64 encoding/decoding

11. Base64 encoding problems on win32

12. base64 encoding