XS question
Author Message
 XS question

Hi all,

I'm trying to get some C functions for some drivers over into perl.

All has gone well, and now running make reports no errors in the generated c.

However, errors are generated as follows

In file included from Dxxxlib.xs:5:
/usr/include/lib.h:1181: parse error before `*'

many lines after 1181 have the same error.

The affected lines all include the type defined as DV_TPT *, as such:

extern int dx_clrtpt( DV_TPT *tptp, int size );

My typemap includes

DV_TPT *        T_PTROBJ

and that has been sufficient to calm all problems so far.

This problem appears to be with the .h file, not my XS code, but I must be sure,
and I must also know how to fix it :)

There is also the problem that some of these functions include the definition
as such:

 const DV_TPT *tptp

Maybe my C sucks.  const char * is defined in the mega-typemap, and I have been
using simply DV_TPT * instead.  Is this correct?

Any pointers the XS-Savvy could give me would be greatly life-quality enhancing.

Thanks,
Campbell

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Maybe my C sucks(no not maybe).  const char * is defined in the mega-typemap,
but I don't know
how to correctly define const DVTPT *.  I've been using just DVTPT * instead.
[...]

Maybe my C sucks.  const char * is defined in the mega-typemap, but I don't know
how to correctly define const DVTPT *.  I've been using just DVTPT * instead.
Is this correct?

Any pointers the XS-Savvy could give me would be greatly life-quality enhancing.

Thanks,
Campbell

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:05:07 GMT

1. building XS question

2. dereference and xs question(perl5.000) (Solved)

3. dereference and xs question(perl5.000)

4. XS question: string parameter (allocation)

5. A XS question or two.

6. Exceptions and functions (XS questions - for gurus?)

7. easy XS question for a wizard from a newbie

8. simple perl XS question

9. Perl API and XS question

10. XS Question

11. A couple XS questions

12. XS question: problem with adv. perl example