NewbieQ: shebang line
Author Message
 NewbieQ: shebang line

Hi gurus,

To my understanding, since script handler is specified in Apache,
so the shebang line is not necessarily required for a mod_perl script.
Am I right?

--
---------------------------
TrafficBuilder Network:

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 04:54:01 GMT
 NewbieQ: shebang line
the shebang line is not needed with mod_perl, although having one
causes no problems

from mod_perl user guide
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/getwet.html#Installing_mod_perl...

Quote:
>To my understanding, since script handler is specified in Apache,
>so the shebang line is not necessarily required for a mod_perl script.
>Am I right?

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:12:34 GMT
 NewbieQ: shebang line

Quote:
> Hi gurus,

> To my understanding, since script handler is specified in Apache,
> so the shebang line is not necessarily required for a mod_perl script.
> Am I right?

> --
> ---------------------------
> TrafficBuilder Network:
> http://www.bestadv.net/index.cfm?ref=7029

Correct! , but a simple test script like hello world would have shown that.

Mark

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:16:47 GMT

1. Shebang line through MS DOS?

2. Shebang line question

3. shebang line not working

4. script that will exclude lines with shebang from text file

5. Disable Apache shebang line "feature"?

6. Trouble with shebang line ...

7. Cross-platform shebang line CGI script shenanigans - Windows and Linux with Apache

8. -s switch not recognized in shebang line

9. Shebang line -- What exactly does Perl do?

10. NEwbieQ for RegExp

11. NewbieQ: Perl and Mod_perl?

12. NewbieQ: Perl and Mod_perl?