Win32::ODBC and transactions with SQL Server
Author Message
 Win32::ODBC and transactions with SQL Server

Hi Everybody

I want to use SQL Server's transaction process from within a perl
script that use Win32::ODBC to connect to the server. It seems that the
built-in functions in the module don't do any effect on the server's
setting regarding
transaction($db->SetConnectOption('SQL_AUTOCOMMIT','SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_OFF');

 or $db->Transact('SQL_ROLLBACK'); as an example).

I've read in the MsSQL documentation that we should use
SQLSetConnectAttr and SQLEndTran functions instead, but there seems to
be no way of calling them from my perl module, unless I missed some
stupid and evident function.

Anyone ever called those SQL server functions from a Perl script?.

--
Jean Kiepura
CODE inc.

Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. LONG: Req: Help in retrieving values from SQL Server stored procedure using Win32::ODBC

2. Win32:ODBC and Microsoft's SQL Server 6.5

3. SQL Server 7 and Win32::ODBC perl module

4. Win32::ODBC strangeness with SQL Server databases?

5. Configure Win32::ODBC Connection to a SQL Server?

6. SQL Server 7 and Win32::ODBC perl module

7. Win32::ODBC strangeness with SQL Server databases?

8. DBD::ODBC::db prepare failed: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'tblClient'. (SQL-S0002)

9. Win32::ODBC, msaccess and transactions

10. Win32::ODBC, Perl SQL vs. standard SQL

11. ODBC perl module to access MS-SQL Server?

12. Connecting to SQL Server through ODBC using Perl