anounce:making Crypt::IDEA under NT, exchange crypted data between Unix and NT
Author Message
 anounce:making Crypt::IDEA under NT, exchange crypted data between Unix and NT

Recently I had the problem that I needed to exchange encrypted
data via perl between a UNIX/Solaris and a NT machine. I was
not able to make module crypt::idea or another crypt module or
finding a binary for the NT machine, nor did I found any
information regarding the problems to build the module.

So I started to solve the problem by my self and now I have
the solution. If this is of general interest and if I
get some response I will make the modifications public
available or I try to contact the authors of the crypt-modules
(they write on there web site, that they do not support
the development any more).

Oli

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 21 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 anounce:making Crypt::IDEA under NT, exchange crypted data between Unix and NT
On Tue, 04 Jul 2000 03:43:32 -0700, oh

Quote:

>Recently I had the problem that I needed to exchange encrypted
>data via perl between a UNIX/Solaris and a NT machine. I was
>not able to make module crypt::idea or another crypt module or
>finding a binary for the NT machine, nor did I found any
>information regarding the problems to build the module.

>So I started to solve the problem by my self and now I have
>the solution. If this is of general interest and if I
>get some response I will make the modifications public
>available or I try to contact the authors of the crypt-modules
>(they write on there web site, that they do not support
>the development any more).

i'd love to see those changes ...

-- alfred reibenschuh

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 anounce:making Crypt::IDEA under NT, exchange crypted data between Unix and NT

SORRY to pollute the newsgroup with this, but the original IDIOT
poster didn't give a usable email address.

 - - - - - - -

Yes, please tell me about compiling Crypt on NT (or whatever your
solution is).

Thank you!!!

Quote:

--

     Research Software Engineer           (703) 793-3700 x2651
     The Information Refinery              http://tir.tasc.com

This little one's not worth the effort. -- Ben, Star Wars

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 anounce:making Crypt::IDEA under NT, exchange crypted data between Unix and NT
I will make the modifications publicly available. The
changes I made to the IDEA-module should be same for
the other CRYPT-modules for building them
under Windows.
My prefered mode of publication would be as
a new version of the CPAN module itself, which would be 1.02.
For this there is some work to do which will take some time.

If you need something workable NOW send me an email. My adress
should be obvious (just delete the NO SPAM and INVALID parts,

Oliver

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 anounce:making Crypt::IDEA under NT, exchange crypted data between Unix and NT
The new version is now sent to cryptix.org
So I will not build a new CPAN version as this is up to them.
If somebody needs the module, send me an email.

Oliver

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Anyone has compiled Crypt::IDEA on windows NT?

2. Anyone has compiled Crypt::IDEA on windows NT?

3. Crypt:IDEA binary for NT ?

4. A Perl Version of Crypt() [Crypt::DES and Crypt::IDEA error during make]

5. Perl Script on UNIX loading data into a MS-SQL NT Server

6. times function Unix, yes, NT, no -Perl NT

7. Crypt::DES, Crypt::IDEA for win32

8. Need Crypt-DES and Crypt-IDEA for Perl Win32

9. Need Crypt-DES and Crypt-IDEA for Perl Win32

10. POP3, NT, and Exchange problem

11. Perl 5 on NT to send mail message with MS Exchange

12. Perl 5 on NT to send mail message with MS Exchange