Help w/newbie Perl runtime Error
Author Message
 Help w/newbie Perl runtime Error

Hi All-

I'm having a problem when running a PERL script I wrote (copied). I get the
following error:

It is pointing to line 8 , which is:

require 'sys/socket.ph';                <---- line 8
require 'sys/errno.ph';
require 'sys/wait.ph';
require 'getopts.pl';

I'm assuming I need some libraries that I managed to not install. I am
running PERL on a SunOS v4.1.4 Sparc 20. Any idea as to where I can get the
missing files, or is my problem something else? What is h2ph? Help

newsgroup.

Thanks,
John Keller

Sat, 18 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help w/newbie Perl runtime Error

: I'm having a problem when running a PERL script I wrote (copied). I get the
: following error:

But that is not a runtime error.

That is a compilation error...

: It is pointing to line 8 , which is:

: require 'sys/socket.ph';              <---- line 8
: require 'sys/errno.ph';
: require 'sys/wait.ph';
: require 'getopts.pl';

: I'm assuming I need some libraries that I managed to not install. I am

Yep.

Once you figure out how to get the required files (by applying h2ph
to your C code header files), then you can install them where perl
can find them.

To see where perl looks, you can do:

http://www.perl.org/CPAN/

: or is my problem something else?
: What is h2ph?

I think the discussion in the Perl FAQ answers that.

What part of the discussion there are you unclear on?

: Help

Ask it here, get the answer here.

: or reply to the
: newsgroup.

OK.

--
    Tad McClellan                          SGML Consulting
    Tag And Document Consulting            Perl programming

Sat, 18 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help w/newbie Perl runtime Error

2. HELP WANTED: runtime error message: VARIABLE ERROR.

3. HELP! Runtime Exception Error

4. Win32::AdminMisc and "error: Runtime Error"

5. Runtime Error in Perl

6. Runtime error in Perl executable

7. perl, tk, ftp runtime error

8. EventLog Gets Runtime Exception Error

9. ExtUtils::MakeMaker runtime error

10. Runtime Error in LanMan EnumShares

11. Error : Runtime exception with Win32::ODBC

12. Error : Runtime exception with win32Api...