changing keyboard mapping?
Author Message
 changing keyboard mapping?

I wrote a program under Perl 5.005 on a SuSE 6.2 Linux box as a copy of
one I was working on Solaris machine.
While the program was running on the Solaris machine, I was able to use
the backspace key or delete keys
to correct errors for input lines.  However, when i started running it
on my Linux machine, it seemed like
the keyboard mapping changed.  I wasn't able to use either my backspace
or delete key to correct mistyped
input.  Has anyone seen this problem before?  Is this something common
to programming?

Thanks for all the help in advance,

Chris Stegmaier

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 changing keyboard mapping?

It's a Unix thing.  See the Unix docs for stty and termcap.  Those will link
you to the data you need.

Quote:
> I wrote a program under Perl 5.005 on a SuSE 6.2 Linux box as a copy of
> one I was working on Solaris machine.
> While the program was running on the Solaris machine, I was able to use
> the backspace key or delete keys
> to correct errors for input lines.  However, when i started running it
> on my Linux machine, it seemed like
> the keyboard mapping changed.  I wasn't able to use either my backspace
> or delete key to correct mistyped
> input.  Has anyone seen this problem before?  Is this something common
> to programming?

> Thanks for all the help in advance,

> Chris Stegmaier

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Keyboard mapping

2. Keyboard Character Map

3. Keyboard Character Map Conversion

4. Keyboard mapping for buttons

5. mapping dots to a map image

6. serverside map 2 clientside map

7. PERLFUNC: map - apply a change to a list to get back a new list with the changes

8. PERLFUNC: map - apply a change to a list to get back a new list with the changes

9. change background color on a widget when the textvariable changes

10. Changing One Array Changes Unrelated Arrays -- Why?

11. Communication between printer and keyboard [Q]

12. Keyboard bindings