Perl line numbers vs Apache error_log reported numbers?
Author Message
 Perl line numbers vs Apache error_log reported numbers?

Hi,

Whenever I see a line number in my Apache error_log file, the actual
Perl script line number can be as much as 100 lines different. Trying to
find lines with problem is hit and miss. I have sometimes had to go to
the extreme of printing the actual line numbers to STDERR so that it
shows in the error_log and narrowing down the actual offending line by
adding more and more print statements.

Why are the line numbers in error_log so far off and is there a way to
sync them with the actual Perl script? Is there an option to have the
error_log writing routing print the entire line so that you could at
least do a text search on some uncommon part of it?

Perl 5.005_02 built for aix 4.3.2/rs6000
Apache 1.3.6

Thank you,

   Brian

Mon, 28 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Bug in line-number reporting?

2. Perl CGI Apache 2.0 print STDERR not appearing in error_log

3. extract numbers from report-best method?

4. extract numbers from col/row report

5. Randomly selecting lines by line number

6. displaying lines with a specific number of lines on each page

7. Searching a WORD 6 DOC by line line number

8. floating point numbers on C vs. Perl

9. Perl/Tk vs. Tcl/Tk version numbering

10. getting line number from perl interpreter?

11. Perl Line Numbers

12. regular expression-search odd number or even number of characters in a string