How to turn off autocommit
Author Message
 How to turn off autocommit

I use DBI::DBD. How do I turn off autocommit so the performance is
better? I tried autocommit($dbh,0); and it didn't work (got an error
"there's no main::autocommit") and tried DBI::autocommit($dbh,0)

beginning of the script. The script worked OK before I added this line.

Thanks for help.

Yong Huang

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to turn off autocommit
Given a properly connected database handle $dbh:

$dbh->{AutoCommit} = 0;

You really need to more thoroughly read the DBI docs. It's in there.

--
Matthew O. Persico
Nothing even remotely clever at the moment.

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to turn AutoCommit off in CSV

2. Turn off tear-off menu's?

3. Turning off echoing under NT

4. Turning off DBM caching

5. Turning off autosplitting

6. turning off echo (password) os/2 perl / oraperl

7. how do I turn off blocking i/o?

8. turning off output buffer does not work

9. Echo, how do you turn off? ;-}

10. Turning Off Stderr on ls command

11. turn off backslash interpretation?

12. How do I turn off buffered input w/ pipes