CPAN module install problems
Author Message
 CPAN module install problems

When I try to install anything from the cpan> prompt I get an error
like...

Could not open >y/build/LDS000/Makefile.PL at -e line 3274

However the LDS000 subdirectory does not exist so the message is
correct.  Why is it not created?  (It's the same for all installs
regardless of subdir.)

Any help appreciated.

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CPAN module install problems

Quote:

> When I try to install anything from the cpan> prompt I get an error
> like...

> Could not open >y/build/LDS000/Makefile.PL at -e line 3274

> However the LDS000 subdirectory does not exist so the message is
> correct.  Why is it not created?  (It's the same for all installs
> regardless of subdir.)

> Any help appreciated.

  Cancel this request for help.  I reinstalled cpan and everything seems
to be working.  (Don't know what I did differently second time around.)

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CPAN module install problems

Quote:

>> When I try to install anything from the cpan> prompt I get an error
>> like...

>> Could not open >y/build/LDS000/Makefile.PL at -e line 3274

>> However the LDS000 subdirectory does not exist so the message is
>> correct.  Why is it not created?  (It's the same for all installs
>> regardless of subdir.)

>> Any help appreciated.
>   Cancel this request for help.  I reinstalled cpan and everything seems
> to be working.  (Don't know what I did differently second time around.)

I had similar problems (not with CPAN, though) on SunOS 4.1.3.

I don't know if this is a general problem, or if it's broken on our
machine only, but tar is unable to unpack tar-balls of certain lengths
(haven't been able to figure out which yet, could be certain powers of
two) on that machine.

That means, some tar-balls it is unable to unpack altogether, with other
tar-balls it terminates with an error (unexpected EOF) but the unpacking
seems to be okay in all cases so far.

Your problem could have had similar reasons, couldn't it?

Did you change anything else besides installing CPAN again?

HTH.

Yours,
--

    Free Perl and C Software for Download: www.engelschall.com/u/sb/download/

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. module install problems with cpan module and gcc?

2. Problem installing CPAN modules

3. Help Installing Modules (CPAN) problems

4. Problem installing CPAN modules

5. problems installing CPAN modules on Win98, using nmake

6. Problem: Installing Modules with CPAN.pm

7. CPAN module Tk::BLT::Table install problem

8. newbie: howto install CPAN module in my home

9. ARCHLIB for CPAN-installed modules

10. how to install perl CPAN module on server

11. CPAN module install?

12. where to install cpan modules