DBI/DBD::Oracle and NT
Author Message
 DBI/DBD::Oracle and NT

I am using PERL5.004_02 DBI and DBD on NT4.0 and I can get the DBD::ODBC
to work just fine, but the DBD::Oracle gives me the following error
message:
________________________________
C:\perl\scripts\dbi>perl dbi.pl
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't find loadable object for module
DBD::Oracle

c:\perl\lib\
site .) at (eval 1) line 2

Perhaps DBD::Oracle was statically linked into a new perl binary.
In which case you need to use that new perl binary.
        DBI::install_driver('DBI', 'Oracle') called at
C:\PERL\lib\site/DBI.pm l
ine 323
        DBI::connect('DBI', 'dbi:Oracle:webtest', 'robmoral/robmoral',
'', 'HASH
(0x74342c)') called at dbi.pl line 9
________________________________

I know this sounds stupid, but I have to ask. Normally I install the
modules I download by simply copying them to the appropriate location in
my perl directory. This method has worked for everything I have done in
perl minus the DBD::Oracle.
I keep seeing references to compiling perl, but not with NT, just unix.
Can someone please tell me if any of the recompiling info I see written
ever relates to NT. I was (still am) under the impression that the
"statically linked" line from above doesn't quite apply to NT?
Or maybe someone has a pointer to a solid source of information. I've
check the perl ring, newsgroups, and perl doc to no avail (plus bought
lots of books).

TIA

berto

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. NT ORACLE PERL DBD DBI->connect format

2. Binaries for DBI & DBD::Oracle or NT

3. Perl needtobie wants info on DBI DBD Oracle Netscape Enterprise NT

4. NT ORACLE PERL DBD DBI->connect format

5. Oracle DBD/DBI on HP-UX: can't load Oracle.sl

6. DBD::Oracle for Oracle 8 (NT)

7. DBI/ DBD Oracle Documentation.

8. can't retrieve data from Oracle DB using DBI and DBD

9. perl/Hyperwave DBI/DBD ODBC + Oracle questions

10. Why is DBI/DBD::Oracle so slow?

11. Oracle DBD and DBI.

12. Oracle/MySQL library files needed by DBI/DBD ?