please help - trouble with Win32::EventLog - reading event strings
Author Message
 please help - trouble with Win32::EventLog - reading event strings

I'm attempting to read from the NT Event Log using the read function of the
EventLog module but am having problems getting the event Strings
consistently (The strings are the information displayed when you double
click on the event in the Event Viewer.)  I can successfully read these
occcasionally and at other times only a portion of the strings is returned,
but sometimes nothing is returned.  I have never been able to retrieve the
event Data.  Has someone out there figured out how to retrieve this
information consistently and accurately.

The structure of an event log record is:

Length
RecordNumber
TimeGenerated
TimeWritten
EventID
EventType
Category
ClosingRecordNumber
Source
Computer
Strings
Data

I have been successful in retrieving all the other parameters besides
strings and data.

The Win32::EventLog module is documented at the following URL:
  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jeff Winder
602-554-9116

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Reading the WinNT EventLog (Win32::EventLog module)

2. Win32::EventLog - creating events

3. Win32::EventLog Writing to EventLog problem

4. Capturing Strings in Win32 EventLog module

5. Eventlog and Win32::Eventlog...

6. Win32::EventLog & strings

7. Win NT EventLog (Win32::EventLog)

8. Win32::EventLog::Read