http://www.*-*-*.com/

This is also TK, right?  I tried to install GD-1.16 from it's own
folder, "gd-1.16", like the "gd-1.16readme" text file suggests in step
#3:

a. cd GD-1.16
b. perl Makefile.PL
c. make
d. make install

....but the computer's DOS prompt only screams "Bad command or
filename" after step b.  What's wrong?  Is TK / GD 1.16 the same
thing?

Thanks
Chris

Mon, 17 Nov 2003 06:55:41 GMT
 Clueless newbie can't install GD-1.16 / TK

Quote:

> Hi all -

> I downloaded and unpacked the GD-1.16 module from:
> http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/GD/

> This is also TK, right?  I tried to install GD-1.16 from it's own
> folder, "gd-1.16", like the "gd-1.16readme" text file suggests in step
> #3:

> a. cd GD-1.16
> b. perl Makefile.PL
> c. make
> d. make install

> ....but the computer's DOS prompt only screams "Bad command or
> filename" after step b.  What's wrong?  Is TK / GD 1.16 the same
> thing?

> Thanks
> Chris

Ok I'm going to have to make several assumptions hear as you have not
tolled us the OS you are running on or the version of Perl.

Firstt Tk and GD are *NOT* the same thing.

GD is a package for generating images.

Tk is a set of utilities for creating a GUI interface with Perl.

Now from the line '....but the computer's DOS prompt only screams "Bad
command or' I assume you are using a MS Windows box. and probably don't
have a C compiler installed.

In this case I'll make the assumption that you are using the Active State
release of Perl.

To get the Tk or the GD packages you need to issue the following from your
command prompt.

ppm
install Tk
install GD
exit

John

PS make sure you have an active internet connection before running this
command.

Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:55:50 GMT

1. GD install problem, can't find gd.h

2. Problems with installing Compress-Zlib-1.16

3. Q: Installing Cryptix-1.16 in Windows95

4. Newbie Tk install for Perl/Tk

5. newbie GD install problems

6. ??? from a clueless newbie : )

7. Clueless Newbie.....

8. Newbie clueless on what the problem is here

9. Danger! Near-clueless newbie with a technical question

10. Pelase help yet another clueless newbie...

11. Need to static link X11 with Tk on HP-UX - clue for the clueless

12. Seeking help installing GD.pm (I know, I'm just one of a thousand)