regular expression
Author Message
 regular expression

Hi.

I have problem here.

I would like to read file , then find some text (string) in that file ,
if that string is found, then print some thing, if not print some thing
else !! ( the matched string will not be printed )

could any one suggest this  !!

thanks

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 18:36:02 GMT
 regular expression

Quote:

> Hi.

> I have problem here.

> I would like to read file , then find some text (string) in that file ,
> if that string is found, then print some thing, if not print some thing
> else !! ( the matched string will not be printed )

> could any one suggest this  !!

This is absolutely trivial in perl.  In fact it can be easily done in
1-2 lines.

Start by reading "perldoc perlre".. If you run into specific issues post
your code and we'll be glad to give tips.

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:02:46 GMT

1. Help need with regular expressions and try to find the expression .t

2. Regular Expression Submatch List (missing desireable feature?)

3. Using $^N in Regular Expressions

4. Finding specific directories listings using regular expressions

5. Compiling regular expressions

6. Complicated regular expression help

7. New scalars with regular expressions

8. regular expression matching using a scalar variable

9. Question on regular expressions

10. fast way of finding position of regular expression

11. Regular Expression help...

12. Regular expression question...