chat2.pl, hget.pl and socket.ph problems
Author Message
 chat2.pl, hget.pl and socket.ph problems

Hi,

I try to use hget, which calls chat2.pl.
Chat2.pl has an include socket.ph, which I didn't have (why?).
I managed to download it somewhere and also downloaded a other
chat2.pl, without this include.
When I try to run
hget http://www.*-*-*.com/
 I always get the folowing error message from chat2.pl
chat'open(www.coi.be,80): Protocol not supported

Does anyone has a clue or idea?

Yours thankfully,

Eddy De Clercq
COI NV

+32 16 39 38 76

Mon, 26 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 chat2.pl, hget.pl and socket.ph problems

Eddy> Hi,
Eddy> I try to use hget, which calls chat2.pl.
Eddy> Chat2.pl has an include socket.ph, which I didn't have (why?).
Eddy> I managed to download it somewhere and also downloaded a other
Eddy> chat2.pl, without this include.
Eddy> When I try to run
Eddy> hget http://www.coi.be
Eddy>  I always get the folowing error message from chat2.pl
Eddy> chat'open(www.coi.be,80): Protocol not supported

Eddy> Does anyone has a clue or idea?

Yes.  Stop using 5-year-old code.  Get and install LWP,
and you can then say:

        GET http://www.coi.be

and it works. :-)

Web: <A HREF="http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/">My Home Page!</A>
Quote: "I'm telling you, if I could have five lines in my .sig, I would!" -- me

Mon, 26 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. hget.pl, chat2.pl and socket.ph problems

2. socket.ph, ftp.pl and chat2.pl error found for Solaris and Irix

3. ftp.pl, lchat.pl, socket.ph

4. Help: problem with ftp.pl and chat2.pl

5. chat2.pl socket problems.

6. Chat2.pl, ftp.pl, etc

7. help with ftp.pl/chat2.pl

8. chat.pl & chat2.pl

9. More fun with chat2.pl and select.pl

10. ANNOUNCE:chat3-a1.pl is chat2.pl + logging facilities

11. IBM AIX (SP/2) - CHAT2.PL <- FTP.PL <- perl5.0 Code

12. ANNOUNCE: Comm.pl, a new expect/chat2.pl pkg, Beta1