Cannot get user roles working with DBD::InterBase
Author Message
 Cannot get user roles working with DBD::InterBase

Hi

I'm trying Firebird 1.0, and can do the following without problem with isql:

  connect dev1:/opt/interbase/db/DB_FORUM user RICH password ******
  role ROLE_FULL_ACCESS;

  select ID from NEWTABLE;

            ID
  ============
           100

But, using DBD::InterBase:

  $dbh =
  DBI->connect("dbi:InterBase:db=/opt/interbase/db/DB_FORUM;host=dev1;
  ib_role=ROLE_FULL_ACCESS", "RICH", ******);

  my $sth = $dbh->prepare("select ID from NEWTABLE");

  $sth->execute;

Gives me:

  DBD::InterBase::db prepare failed: This user does not have privilege to
  perform this operation on this object.
  -no permission for read/select access to TABLE NEWTABLE

In the above cases I revoked all privileges from user RICH but granted all
on NEWTABLE to ROLE_FULL_ACCESS. I then granted ROLE_FULL_ACCESS to RICH.

If I connect using isql with no role, the select fails as expected.
If I grant select on NEWTABLE to RICH, the DBI example works fine.

This suggests to me that the DBD driver is not passing the role for some
reason.

Has anyone else found this, or is there something obvious I have missed?

Thanks in advance!
--
Rich

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:02:16 GMT

1. InterBase DBD driver ?

2. Has anybody gotten DBD Informix to work?

3. DBD::InterBase Modul

4. Perl DBD::InterBase / sql dialect 3

5. DBD::Interbase Test and Install

6. DBD::InterBase and dbimon

7. Getting HTTPD-User-Manage working on Apache 1.3.9 on NT

8. getting DBD::mysql working on SCO

9. DBD-InterBase install error

10. Getting "(Cannot determine protocol) when using lwp:simple

11. Cannot find blib in /opt/user/perltest/../../../../..

12. new perl user - cannot execute msg