Oracle on NT <-> DBI on Linux
Author Message
 Oracle on NT <-> DBI on Linux

Hi!

I have the following problem:

I have to connect to an Oracle 8 DB on Windows NT from a Perl DBI
Linux box. How would I accomplish this?

Has anybody come across the same problem?
Pointing me to the right docs is also appreciated.

Thanks,
Leon Aaron Kaplan.

--

Thu, 04 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Oracle on NT <-> DBI on Linux

Quote:
> Hi!

> I have the following problem:

> I have to connect to an Oracle 8 DB on Windows NT from a Perl DBI
> Linux box. How would I accomplish this?

> Has anybody come across the same problem?
> Pointing me to the right docs is also appreciated.

If for some reason you'l decide not to use
ODBC drivers on Linux ( the 'official' way
to solve your task seems to use DBI::ODBC on
Linux), you may use my Perl Application
Server (http://www.pault.com) as a transport.
... pure perl solution... ;-)

Docs -> Picture contains a diagram
Docs -> Story contains some of my answeres to
my first 'client' who switched to PAS from ODBC. ;-)

If you'l need more info regarding PAS - feel
free to ask.

Rgds.Paul.

http://www.paul.com

Thu, 04 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to evaluate Oracle<->Perl<->Web Interfaces

3. Oracle DBI <--> CGI nasty problem

4. NT ORACLE PERL DBD DBI->connect format

5. NT ORACLE PERL DBD DBI->connect format

6. >>>> A Singaporean Girl looking for more penpals!!<<<<<

7. <<>> COMPUTER SOFTWARE / HARDWARE <<>>

9. <<>> COMPUTER SOFTWARE / HARDWARE <<>>

10. DBI On Linux and Oracle 8.1.7

11. Perl DBI Oracle on Linux Q